Pizza is the perfect summer meal, especially when it features fresh, grilled vegetables! Pastorelli’s ultra-thin crusts are easy to grill: they cook quickly and don’t require a pan, making them ideal for this grilled veggie pizza. The herbs in the pizza sauce are a perfect backdrop for garden veggies. Feel free to change up the toppings depending on what is in season!
- 1 Pastorelli traditional pizza crust
- 1/2 cup Pastorelli Pizza Sauce
- 6 small fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 small red onion, cut into large chunks
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons torn fresh basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Warm grill to medium, high heat.
Toss mushrooms, pepper, onion in olive oil, salt and pepper.
In a grill basket or working carefully directly on the grill, cook the vegetables for 4 minutes, flipping once in the middle. Place to the side.
Brush one Pastorelli Ultra-Thin pizza crust with olive oil on each side. Heat directly on the grill for 4 minutes per side.
Using pizza stone or working carefully, top the pizza crust with the vegetables and sprinkle with cheese. Cook on the grill, closing the lid, until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Top with basil and serve immediately.