This wild mushroom pizza has earthy, savory flavors that are enhanced by the zesty-ness of Pastorelli pizza sauce and the crispy-ness of the pizza crusts. A little fat from the bacon and fresh mozzarella adds to the richness of the pizza.
- 8oz Pastorelli Pizza Sauce
- 2 large Pastorelli Pizza Crusts
- 4oz crimini mushrooms
- 4 oz shitake mushrooms
- 4oz baby bella mushrooms
- 4oz cooked bacon lardons
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- A few sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or truffle oil if you have it)
- Salt and Pepper (truffle salt if you have it)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and slice the mushrooms. In a skillet, heat oil over a medium high heat and add the garlic for about a minute until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and thyme and sauté for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are soft and the liquid evaporates. Season with pepper and truffle salt, if you have it and remove from heat.
Spread the pizza sauce on the pizza crusts evenly then arrange the mozzarella cheese on top. Top the pizzas with the mushroom mixture and bacon, then pop in the oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with parsley.